e-Blake; fees for e-texts? (29)

Thu, 26 Jan 89 19:05:31 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 535. Thursday, 26 Jan 1989.

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 89 10:43 GMT
From: Oxford Text Archive <ARCHIVE@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK>
Subject: RE: electronic Blake (57)

Dick Shroyer and Nancy Ide both remark that the Cornell concordance
texts should be available. This is not my impression: in the past the
Text Archive has repeatedly tried to get copies of several of the
texts without absolutely no success. If the climate has changed,
it would obviously be worth trying again, and I will certainly approach
whoever is the right person to approach. But who is it?

Nancy's point raises the interesting question of fees: does the
Humanist readership think we should continue our cost-only policy? if
so, how can we deal with organisations which want to charge large
sums for electronic texts. The fees may or may not be reasonable - the
point is that we have no budget to buy them. Should we be building up
a catalogue of places, prices and sources? Someone should

lou
Oxford text archive