scanners, cont. (68)

Wed, 15 Feb 89 21:03:11 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 611. Wednesday, 15 Feb 1989.

(1) Date: Tue, 14 Feb 89 18:35:16 PST (9 lines)
From: Jody Gilbert <USERDOG1@SFU.BITNET>
Subject: Scanning software for Macs (30)

(2) Date: Wed, 15 Feb 89 12:03:57 EST (39 lines)
From: Allen Renear <ALLEN@BROWNVM>
Subject: Omnipage

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 89 18:35:16 PST
From: Jody Gilbert <USERDOG1@SFU.BITNET>

If we are talking about Optical Character Recognition software as
opposed to simple scanning software, I have also seen Read It (by
Olduvai I think) and TextPert. Read it worked OK, but the copy of
TextPert we got wouldn't open files that had been scanned by other programs,
although it was supposed to.