announcements (257)

Wed, 15 Feb 89 21:05:59 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 612. Wednesday, 15 Feb 1989.

(1) Date: Tue, 14 Feb 89 21:38:51 CST (35 lines)
From: Mark Olsen <mark@gide.uchicago.edu>
Subject: ARTFL Project

(2) Date: Wed, 15 Feb 89 09:28:42 CST (14 lines)
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>
Subject: Appreciations

(3) Date: Wed, 15 Feb 89 09:44 EDT (24 lines)
From: Joe Giampapa <GIAMPAPA@brandeis.bitnet>
Subject: LIPADIT

(4) Date: Wed, 15 Feb 89 17:46:40 -0200 (48 lines)
From: onomata@bengus (nissan ephraim)
Subject: International Journal of Expert Systems

(5) DATE: Tuesday, February 14, 1989, 22:11:50 MST (103 lines)
FROM: John J. Hughes <XB.J24@Stanford.BITNET>
SUBJECT: Job Advertisement

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 89 21:38:51 CST
From: Mark Olsen <mark@gide.uchicago.edu>

ARTFL Project

PhiloLogic and MacPhilo Release

We are releasing our new access software to the Treasury of the French
Language in the next day or so (depending on printer speed:-).

PhiloLogic is a full text system that can search on some or all of the
database of 2000 French texts and can send results to users by download,
e-mail, and FTP as well as hard copy printing. It supports word list
management, sub-string searching, on-line help, and limited (at this
time) proximity searching. We have two full screen interfaces.
PhiloLogic runs on any terminal or terminal emulator, such as the
VT100. MacPhilo runs on the Macintosh and makes full use of the Macintosh
graphics interface. You can access PhiloLogic via telephone lines or
through INTERNET using the telnet protocol.

HUMANISTs who would like to look at PhiloLogic (and MacPhilo) should
contact me. We have set up a guest account for testing and demonstation
purposes. I would be very interested in getting the reactions of
individuals whose primary interest is French language and literature
as well as those interested in full text retrieval.

Mark Olsen
ARTFL Project
Romance Languages
Univerity of Chicago