text-retrieval in UNIX? (29)

Fri, 24 Feb 89 22:14:48 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 647. Friday, 24 Feb 1989.

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 89 22:19:42 CST
From: "Robin C. Cover" <ZRCC1001@SMUVM1>
Subject: UNIX FULL-TEXT RETRIEVAL

Last year when we were discussing ideal query languages and search engines,
I had my eye on DOS applications, not UNIX. Things have changed: we now have
a MIPS (RISC) machine and an HP 9000/840s running modified System V UNIX with
BSD extensions. So now I need to ask again: does anyone have a good
recommendation for a full-text retrieval engine that will run under System V
UNIX? PD software with source code would be best, but I'll take any
suggestions I can get. The BRS implementation looks good, but it's
expensive. Thanks for your help.

Robin C. Cover
Director of Academic Computing

zrcc1001@smuvm1.BITNET 3909 Swiss Avenue
convex!txsil!robin.UUCP Dallas, TX 75204
killer!dtseap!robin.UUCP 214/296-1783(h), 824-3094(w)
killer!utafll!robin.UUCP