Queries (99)

Fri, 3 Mar 89 22:17:37 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 673. Friday, 3 Mar 1989.

(1) Date: Thursday, 2 March 1989 2325-EST (20 lines)
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS
Subject: Gregory the Great, Moralia

(2) Date: Thu, 2 Mar 89 20:45 PST (14 lines)
From: Sterling Bjorndahl - Claremont Graduate School
Subject: Duke Language Toolkit & Epson 24 pin printers

(3) Date: Thu, 89 0 03:03 CET (10 lines)
From: HEBERLEIN@URZ.KU-EICHSTAETT.DBP.DE
Subject: 6bit-Code to ASCII?

(4) Date: Friday, 3 March 1989 0936-EST (25 lines)
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS
Subject: Encoding Footnotes

Date: Thursday, 2 March 1989 2325-EST
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS

At the request of one of our classicists, I dredged up an old
tape (vintage 1982) with a text of Gregory the Great's Moralia
that we had inherited with other Latin materials when we first
installed a mini IBYCUS System in the early 1980s. The text is
entirely in upper case letters, and has some obvious mistakes
from the outset. I do not know where it came from originally,
but would like to know (1) its origins, (2) whether it has been
proofread and corrected anywhere, (3) whether an updated form
can be acquired, and (4) whether CCAT can have permission to
publicize its availability and/or distribute it (if noone else
is already doing so). Years ago, I put it into TLG ID code
format (book, section, etc.) so that it could be searched
conveniently, then forgot about it util now.

Thanks! Bob Kraft (CCAT)