Etruscan, and other matters unrelated (66)

Tue, 7 Mar 89 19:13:42 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 680. Tuesday, 7 Mar 1989.

(1) Date: Tue, 7 Mar 89 08:59:26 EST (18 lines)
From: Itamar Even-Zohar <B10@TAUNIVM>
Subject: Etruscan

(2) Date: Tue, 7 Mar 89 14:18:58 EST (28 lines)
From: cbf%faulhaber.Berkeley.EDU@jade.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Etruscan and other matters

Date: Tue, 7 Mar 89 08:59:26 EST
From: Itamar Even-Zohar <B10@TAUNIVM>
Subject: Re: Queries (64)

About Richard Goerwitz's Etruscan query:

I don't know what poster Goerwitz has seen, but I guess
it was about the Etruscan-Phoenician golden plates found
in Pyrgi, and now kept at the Museum of Villa Giulia,
Rome. I believe material can be found in _Studi Etruschi_
(published in Florence). Etruscan is discussed by Pallottino
(various works), and the plates, to some extent, by Staccioli,
Romolo A. 1977. _Il "mistero" della lingua etrusca_ (Roma:Newton Compton).
Illustrations included. (The plates are called in Italian "i laminetti
d'oro".)

Itamar Even-Zohar
Porter Institute.