screen-image-to-projector-screen devices (124)

Tue, 7 Mar 89 19:17:29 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 682. Tuesday, 7 Mar 1989.

(1) Date: 7-MAR-1989 09:04:59 GMT (21 lines)
From: S200@CPC865.EAST-ANGLIA.AC.UK

(2) Date: Tue, 07 Mar 89 09:45:05 GMT (13 lines)
From: Mike Norris <MNORRIS@IRLEARN>
Subject: Re: Queries (64)

(3) Date: Tue, 7 Mar 89 03:42:25 EST (35 lines)
From: David.A.Bantz@mac.Dartmouth.EDU
Subject: Re: screen-image-to-projector-screen device?

(4) Date: Tue, 7 Mar 89 11:29 EST (27 lines)
From: Terrence Erdt <ERDT@VUVAXCOM>
Subject: LCD panel displays

Date: 7-MAR-1989 09:04:59 GMT
From: S200@CPC865.EAST-ANGLIA.AC.UK

OHP Displays.

The first examples of OHP displays sought by John Hurd were good
ideas in search of development. The characters were badly affected
by heat and also were rather faint and lacking in contrast for large
lecture theatres. They were effectively in monochrome only despite
misleading sales hype.

More recent models have tried to overcome these drawbacks but with
limited success. Their resolution is also better and approaches VGA
standards in some cases. They cost about 1000 pounds sterling but
are becoming cheaper. There are various suppliers. Kodak produced
an early model and I have a flyer from "In Focus Systems " Tualatin,
Oregon on my desk but there are certainly other suppliers. I cannot
recommend a best buy.

John Roper, UEA, Norwich, UK
S200 @ UK.AC.UEA.CPC865