Unix? Norwegians? biblical French? (61)

Thu, 9 Mar 89 20:25:00 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 693. Thursday, 9 Mar 1989.

(1) Date: 09 Mar 89 13:59:06 gmt (11 lines)
From: D.Mealand@EDINBURGH.AC.UK
Subject: Software on Unix

(2) Date: Thu 9 Mar 89 13:10:48-CST (12 lines)
From: Anthony Aristar <HI.ARISTAR@MCC.COM>
Subject: Contacts in Norway

(3) Date: Thu, 09 Mar 89 15:31:27 EST (13 lines)
From: Duane Harbin <DHARBIN@YALEVM>
Subject: Search for Biblical text in French

Date: 09 Mar 89 13:59:06 gmt
From: D.Mealand@EDINBURGH.AC.UK

We may be shifting much of our work to Unix in the near future.
Does anyone have a list of software on Unix suitable for
literary computing please ? I believe many of the utilities
I already use such as Compare, Diff, TR, Grep etc originally
come from Unix so I am hoping for an informative list in reply.

David Mealand