announcements (214)

Tue, 14 Mar 89 20:00:11 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 721. Tuesday, 14 Mar 1989.

(1) Date: Mon, 13 Mar 89 22:30:03 EST (21 lines)
From: Joseph Raben <JQRBH@CUNYVM>
Subject: Electronic Scholars Resource Guide

(2) Date: Mon, 13 Mar 89 15:49:11 PST (35 lines)
From: kproddy@ucdavis.BITNET (Earl H. Kinmonth)
Subject: Books to Review

(3) Date: Mon, 13 Mar 89 10:25 MST (42 lines)
From: "David Owen, Philosophy, University of Arizona"
Subject: Locke and Electronic Texts in Philosophy

(4) Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1989 16:36 EST (90 lines)
From: Terry Harpold <tharpold@penndrls>
Subject: Wheels for the Mind

Date: Mon, 13 Mar 89 22:30:03 EST
From: Joseph Raben <JQRBH@CUNYVM>

The ELECTRONIC SCHOLARS RESOURCE GUIDE is nearing completion and should
be in print very soon. Any group using computers in any aspect of humanities
research and not already included is invited to submit data about itself.
The categories in which information has been organized are:

1. Country 9. Major activities 18. Medium
2. (n/a) 10. Hardware used 19. Newsletters
3. Official name 11. Software used 20. Staff publications
of facility 12. Software developed 21. Keywords for index
4. Postal address 13. Networks used 22. Databases
5. Parent organization 14. Bulletin boards maintained 23. Personal names
6. Name of director 15. Databases developed 24. Software
7. Telephone number 16. Databases imported 25. Brochures available
8. Other personnel 17. Access to databases

This information can sent via Bitnet to Marianne Gaunt <gaunt@zodiac>, who
can also answer questions about the questionnaire.