Red Ryder; Word for Word (63)

Sat, 18 Mar 89 17:34:19 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 738. Saturday, 18 Mar 1989.

(1) Date: Sat, 18 Mar 89 00:02:25 EST (20 lines)
From: Brian Whittaker <BRIANW@YORKVM2>
Subject: emulating PF keys

(2) Date: 17 March 1989 (26 lines)
From: Ruth Glynn (RGLYNN@UK.AC.OX.VAX)
Subject: Word for Word etc.

Date: Sat, 18 Mar 89 00:02:25 EST
From: Brian Whittaker <BRIANW@YORKVM2>

Charles Ess inquired about emulating PF keys. For the Macintosh,
Red Ryder version 10 does a pretty good VT100 emulation, including
PF keys from 1 to 12. The PF keys are mapped onto the number pad
on the Mac keyboard, but for reasons unexplained the rows are flipped
top to bottom; however, Red Ryder comes with a utility called "Install
Keypad" which allows you to re-order the PF keys.

Red Ryder is produced by Scott Watson's FreeSoft Company, 150 Hickory Drive,
Beaver Falls, PA 15010. It began as shareware, but is now commercial. It is
readily programmable if you want to automate recurring operations.

Brian Whittaker
Department of English
Atkinson College, York University
BRIANW@YORKVM2