censoring, editing, and volume of mail (179)

Wed, 29 Mar 89 20:04:49 EST

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 778. Wednesday, 29 Mar 1989.

(1) Date: Tue, 28 Mar 89 22:19:50 BST (18 lines)
From: NZ101@PHOENIX.CAMBRIDGE.AC.UK
Subject: Whose that knocking?

(2) Date: Wed, 29 Mar 89 14:51:08 PST (19 lines)
From: Alan Rudrum <USERANTH@SFU.BITNET>
Subject: how to handle peripheral topics (101)

(3) Date: Wed, 29 Mar 89 15:08:42 EST (42 lines)
From: "Rosanne G. Potter" <GG.BIB@ISUMVS.BITNET>
Subject: editing and censoring, cont. (74)

(4) Date: 29 Mar 89 17:54:24 EST (Wed) (17 lines)
From: Gunhild Viden <viden@hum.gu.se>
Subject: Re Sebastian's complaints

(5) Date: 29 March 1989 (46 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: overload

Date: Tue, 28 Mar 89 22:19:50 BST
From: Norman Zacour <NZ101@PHOENIX.CAMBRIDGE.AC.UK>

Joe Giampapa says:
I do not want the editor to prevent me from
entering the room... I do not want any
authority to inhibit my access to other
Humanists.
On the other hand, there are some Humanists who depend on
someone preventing you from entering their rooms on your
terms alone. You seem to be claiming some kind of right.
You have no such right. The terms under which you enter
my room must be part of our joint agreement on this List,
however expressed by the owner and others and tacitly
accepted by the rest of us, or you may find our doors
locked.