spqr, cont. (59)

Sun, 2 Apr 89 14:00:26 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 792. Sunday, 2 Apr 1989.

(1) Date: Friday, 31 March 1989 0939-EST (18 lines)
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS
Subject: Quo vadis, Sebastian?

(2) Date: 31 Mar 89 13:29 -0330 (21 lines)
From: dgraham@leif.mun.ca
Subject: Departure of Humanists

Date: Friday, 31 March 1989 0939-EST
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS

I hope Sebastian Rahtz will reconsider his decision to
withdraw from HUMANIST! I am mostly (ok, maybe even moreso)
a text person who qualifies for many of his playful barbs,
and maybe a masochist or something, but I really and honestly
ENJOY having him aboard to rock the boat occasionally. I also
am on the archaeology list that he coordinates, but he is not
the same unbridled gadfly there. And will the rest of
sarcastic Southampton depart with him? A grim prospect!
No, no, Sebastian, don't go!!

Bob Kraft
(the opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of
many of my close friends and acquaintances, with whom I have
not consulted)