parsed Hebrew Bible; languages (51)

Mon, 10 Apr 89 19:23:10 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 818. Monday, 10 Apr 1989.

(1) Date: Sun, 9 Apr 89 18:38:12 PDT (12 lines)
From: Curtis Rice <USERCRIC@SFU.BITNET>
Subject: parsed Hebrew and LXX Bibles? (45)

(2) Date: Sat, 08 Apr 89 14:39:44 EDT (19 lines)
From: connie crosby <CROSBY@UOGUELPH>
Subject: languages

Date: Sun, 9 Apr 89 18:38:12 PDT
From: Curtis Rice <USERCRIC@SFU.BITNET>

To Lou Burnard
>From Curtis Rice (usercric@sfu)
A printed Hebrew OT with every word parsed is Davidson's Analytical
Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon, gency Reference Library, Zondervan
Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Michigan. This was originally published
in 1848 - in dictionaries, even with computers, we don't do as well as
the 19th century without them!
Curtis Rice
(2) --------------------------------------------------------------22----
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 89 14:39:44 EDT
From: connie crosby <CROSBY@UOGUELPH>

Hans Joergen Marker makes a good point...my message wasn't worded very
well.

I should perhaps mention that I had been learning about how the
computer has been adapted to work with the various languages. The
reference material that I had in hand was not absolutely up to date.
All I had read about was other languages using the Roman alphabet
besides English, Hebrew, Arabic, Russian, Japanes and Chinese. I
was, in essence, wondering if other languages had been tried.

The book that was mentioned not too long ago, John Clews'
<Language Automation Worldwide>, was an excellent answer to my question.

Thank you for all the responses.
Connie Crosby