other discussion groups (95)

Thu, 20 Apr 89 19:54:43 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 864. Thursday, 20 Apr 1989.

(1) Date: 20 April 1989 10:52:52 CDT (21 lines)
From: "Michael Sperberg-McQueen 312 996-2477 -2981" <U35395@UICVM>
Subject: new list for text encoding discussions

(2) Date: 20 Apr 89 19:24:04 EST (56 lines)
From: Jim Cahalan <JMCAHAL@IUP.BITNET>
Subject: ENGLISH newsgroup?

Date: 20 April 1989 10:52:52 CDT
From: "Michael Sperberg-McQueen 312 996-2477 -2981" <U35395@UICVM>

Those Humanists interested in text markup, text encoding, and the like
will I hope be glad to learn that a new Listserv list devoted to those
topics has now been set up at UICVM with the name TEI-L. The purpose
of TEI-L is to discuss the work of the Text Encoding Initiative and
problems of text encoding generally. Subscription is public and
anyone interested in the subject is welcome to subscribe by the usual
method of sending to LISTSERV at UICVM a message (mail or dynamic) with
the command

SUBSCRIBE TEI-L <subscriber's full name>

If you try and can't get it to work, contact me and I'll see what I can
do.

-Michael Sperberg-McQueen
ACH / ACL / ALLC Text Encoding Initiative
University of Illinois at Chicago