software for the deaf (57)

Thu, 27 Apr 89 20:42:20 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 901. Thursday, 27 Apr 1989.

(1) Date: Wed, 26 Apr 89 20:14 EDT (25 lines)
From: GUEDON@CC.UMONTREAL.CA
Subject: RE: queries (110)

(2) Date: Wed, 26 Apr 89 22:03:36 PDT (12 lines)
From: Curtis Rice <USERCRIC@SFU.BITNET>
Subject: queries (110)

Date: Wed, 26 Apr 89 20:14 EDT
From: GUEDON@CC.UMONTREAL.CA

I do not have a direct answer to Joel D. Goldfield's question, but let
me point to two possible trails:

1. Dr. Marshall Wicks from Gallaudet University in Washington DC will
have answers, I am sure. I do ot have his bitnet address but you can
contact him via CTL on Accunet (Minitel format) under the pseudonym
"Goofie", or you can write to him.

2. Again on CTL (minitel format, but also available through Alex in
Montreal), there is a hidden forum called Surdi, organized by French
deaf people. You would find a lot of information there. One engineer
can be reached there (she is deaf too) and she could tell you a lot
about a videodisk thatwas designed in CNET for teaching lip reading
(French lip reading that is, but I understand that it is very close to the
American standard, unlike the British equicvalent, strangely enough).
She can be reached under the pseudo "Josefina".

Hope this helps.

Jean-Claude Guedon