fonts? Bible aids? (58)

Mon, 1 May 89 20:34:23 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 914. Monday, 1 May 1989.

(1) Date: Fri, 28 APR 89 11:17:02 BST (23 lines)
From: CATHERINE@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK
Subject: Oxford Catalogue of Fonts

(2) Date: Mon, 01 May 89 17:57:34 +0100 (12 lines)
From: iwml@UKC.AC.UK
Subject: Bible aids

Date: Fri, 28 APR 89 11:17:02 BST
From: CATHERINE@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK

I am trying to compile a catalogue of exotic fonts here at Oxford, which
would bee available for anyone to consult. The catalogue would be sorted
first by script, then by printer (eg Postscript, HP etc), then method (TeX,
Duke Tool Kit, etc), if nec. by computer (Mac, IBM). I have already
consulted a few people over here, and will shortly write a more extensive
note to Humanist. But before doing this I would like to ask you whether
you have

- knowledge of existing fonts
- addresses of people or firms who might know of fonts
- ideas as to organisation of catalogue, or ways that this could be made
most helpful

I'd be very grateful for any help you could give me.

Many thanks,

Catherine Griffin
Janet address: CATHERINE@UK.AC.OXFORD.VAX
Oxford University Computing Service