2.916: fonts; personal information managers (48)

Tue, 2 May 89 20:09:40 EDT

Humanist Mailing List, Vol. 2, No. 916. Tuesday, 2 May 1989.

(1) Date: Tue, 2 May 89 15:58:13 EDT (12 lines)
From: cbf%faulhaber.Berkeley.EDU@jade.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)
Subject: Re: fonts?

(2) Date: Tue, 2 May 89 12:08 BST (16 lines)
From: ZEITLYN@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK
Subject: RE: personal information managers (108)

Date: Tue, 2 May 89 15:58:13 EDT
From: cbf%faulhaber.Berkeley.EDU@jade.berkeley.edu (Charles Faulhaber)

In re fonts:

For MS-DOS machines:

Multi-Lingual Scholar
Gamma Productions, Inc.
710 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 609
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(2) --------------------------------------------------------------19----
Date: Tue, 2 May 89 12:08 BST
From: ZEITLYN@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK

There is a shareware Macintosh programme that may be of interest to HUMANISTS.
It is called Texas (or Tex in its new, revised form) and it is a Hypercard
stack that will make a text-in-context index of any text-only file,
and then permit very fast, neat access to the relevant parts of the
document(s). I'm using to handle transcripts and their translations and
I find it invaluable. Amazingly it actually does what it claims to do!
My only complaint is that there's no stop list to weed out 'small words'
but this may come with time...
I assume North Americans will have no problem findingf copies on bulletin
boards. In UK it is available from the Macintosh User Group UK based in Oxford.
all the best
david