3.66 e-mysteries? e-Hardy? (52)

Fri, 26 May 89 00:02:13 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 66. Friday, 26 May 1989.

(1) Date: Thursday, 25 May 1989 1017-EST (20 lines)
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS
Subject: E-mail mysteries

(2) Date: Thu, 25 May 89 19:12 BST (12 lines)
From: Oxford Text Archive <ARCHIVE@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK>
Subject: electronic hardy

Date: Thursday, 25 May 1989 1017-EST
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS

Ever since PENN changed its e-mail routing earlier this
year we have experienced considerable difficulty contacting
overseas addresses, especially on JANET. The people here
are still "looking into it"! Meanwhile, I apologize for any
apparent silence on my part -- things have been sent out!

Meanwhile, I received a message from the following address
which I reproduce exactly from two places on the header.
Since there is no "at" sign, I have no idea how to respond.
Any ideas from the experts out there?
CLAUSS!zedat!#fu-berlin%dbp&de
I don't recall ever having seen anything quite like it.
I suspect that the recent PENN changes may have created the
problem. Everything seemed to work so well "in the old days."

Bob