3.109 return (30)

Sun, 11 Jun 89 19:16:38 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 109. Sunday, 11 Jun 1989.

Date: 11 June 1989
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: return to the world

Since I have more or less returned to ordinary time and space, Humanist
will now resume its regular schedule of daily publication.

Humanists who attended The Dynamic Text conference and the Tools for
Humanists software fair are welcome to submit reports, although perhaps
only one detailed summary of events is sufficient. What might require
discussion and several points of view, however, are comments on the
quality of work and the state of the discipline reflected by it. A
friend and fellow Humanist remarked to me that the discipline as a whole
seems to have taken a decisive turn for the better -- quite
independently of how the conference and fair were organized and run. I
would like to know, if you agree, what sort of a change has occurred.
The coming together of the two major organizations in humanities
computing is, I think, significant in this regard.

Willard McCarty