3.176 laptops in libraries (46)

Mon, 26 Jun 89 19:36:30 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 176. Monday, 26 Jun 1989.

(1) Date: Sun, 25 Jun 89 23:24 EDT (16 lines)
From: woolleyj@lafayett.bitnet
Subject: RE: 3.171 queries (55)

(2) Date: Mon, 26 Jun 89 08:49:49 CDT (10 lines)
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>
Subject: On Top of My Lap in the Bodleian

Date: Sun, 25 Jun 89 23:24 EDT
From: woolleyj@lafayett.bitnet

At the British Library, computers may be used in the
typing room off the North Library gallery. They may be
used in the North Library (= rare books room) only at
a side table next to the issue desk and only with
permission, keyboard noise being the issue. In both
cases electric outlets may be used if desired. Computers
may not ordinarily be used in the main reading room or,
so far as I know, in the Department of Manuscripts.

James Woolley
Lafayette College