3.199 mainframe text-searching? (27)

Sun, 2 Jul 89 18:47:36 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 199. Sunday, 2 Jul 1989.

Date: Fri, 30 Jun 89 08:51:08 PLT
From: "Guy L. Pace" <PACE@WSUVM1>
Subject: Text Searching Software for Mainframe (CMS)

I need some suggestions from HUMANISTS for text searching or concordancing
software for use on the IBM 3090 (CMS). Our administration is converting
text files created on DisplayWrite to pure text. These files are the
minutes from Board of Regents meetings for the last five years. They
also want to convert hard paper files to electronic files. From this,
they want to create a text base from which the university president or
his staff can find specific references to topics or projects and when those
were made. I thought that one of the concordance or text search applications
developed for humanities research may prove useful in this project.

Any thoughts? Any suggestions? Just post it here.

Thanks for your help.