3.213 various replies (130)

Wed, 5 Jul 89 20:06:49 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 213. Wednesday, 5 Jul 1989.

(1) Date: Wed, 5 Jul 89 09:53:11 EDT (36 lines)
From: Geoff Rockwell <rockwell@utorgpu>
Subject: Re: 2.306 Hungarian Mac? (44)

(2) Date: Wed, 5 Jul 89 12:07:00 EDT (21 lines)
From: MLAOD@CUVMB.bitnet
Subject: Directory of Databases

(3) Date: Wed, 5 Jul 89 09:10:00 EDT (25 lines)
From: N.J.Morgan@vme.glasgow.ac.uk
Subject: Re: 3.207 noisy laptops (32)

(4) Date: Tue, 04 Jul 89 18:28:21 CDT (18 lines)
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVME>
Subject: Re: 3.208 mainframe text searching (27)

Date: Wed, 5 Jul 89 09:53:11 EDT
From: Geoff Rockwell <rockwell@utorgpu>
Subject: Re: 2.306 converting to/from NB? Hungarian Mac? (44)

Re: Hungarian Mac

Linguist's Software has a font called "SuperFRENCH GERMAN SPANISH"
that is supposed to do Hungarian. SuperFrench costs 49.95 $ (US)
and works with LaserFRENCH GERMAN SPANISH, which is a postscript
font for postscript printers. LaserFrench costs 99.95 $ (US) and
includes the bit-mapped fonts in SuperFRENCH. (Does your colleague
have access to a laser printer?)

They claim that the fonts included in the package, which resemble
Geneva, New York and Times, cover all the European Roman languages.
SuperFrench can be ordered by phone (206) 775-1130.

Ecological Linguistics has a font called "European Times" that
"covers all Roman alphabets of continental Europe." This is based
on the Adobe Times font and should print correctly on any postscript
device that has the Adobe Times postscript font on board. They also
claim to have modified resources so that the font will sort correctly
and macro sets that give you different key board layouts. European
Times costs 45 $(US) and is available from:

Ecological Linguistics
P.O. Box 15156
Washington, D.C. 20003
USA

I neither know Hungarian nor have these fonts. This note should not
be taken as an endorsement of these products.

Yours
Geoffrey Rockwell
rockwell@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca