3.241 baptism? (24)

Wed, 12 Jul 89 21:07:02 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 241. Wednesday, 12 Jul 1989.

Date: WED 12 JUL 1989 16:28:00 CDT
From: Jim McSwain <F0A8@USOUTHAL>
Subject: baptism, infant baptism

Anyone who has information, particularly book/article citations,
about baptism as a subject of discourse, a literary metaphor, a
rite of passage or part of a "mentalitie," please send it along to
me at f0a8@usouthal. For example, work has been published on how
baptism is used as a motif in the works of Flannery O'Conner. My
interest focuses upon 17th and 18th c. England, but I wish to "cast"
my bibliographic net as widely as possible, and I solicit input from
fellow HUMANISTS whose training in anthropology, linguistics and
contemporary literary theory may offer them perspectives on aspects
of the rite or its role in language-games otherwise unimaginable to
me!! THANKS!