3.281 author, author? NB bib utility? (74)

Mon, 24 Jul 89 21:27:31 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 281. Monday, 24 Jul 1989.

(1) Date: Sun, 23 Jul 89 14:52:19 EDT (24 lines)
From: Ken Steele <KSTEELE@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Inquiry for HUMANIST

(2) Date: 22 July 1989 (30 lines)
From: James Woolley <woolleyj@lafayett>
Subject: Nota Bene bibliographic utility

Date: Sun, 23 Jul 89 14:52:19 EDT
From: Ken Steele <KSTEELE@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

An acquaintance of mine is interested in locating the source of the
following lines, which appeared in the August 26-September 1 1988
_Times Literary Supplement_ (p. 925). The lines describe a centipede,

. . . happy, quite,
Until a toad, for fun,
Enquired which leg came after which
Which brought his mind to such a pitch
He lay bewildered in the ditch
Forgetting how to run.

The answer to this question may well be extremely obvious, or
nonexistent, but unfortunately I can think of no other efficient way to
find out.

Thanks.

Ken Steele