3.337 DOS hypertext; missing heart; misandry (102)

Mon, 7 Aug 89 22:45:10 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 337. Monday, 7 Aug 1989.

(1) Date: Sat, 5 Aug 89 22:10 CDT (18 lines)
From: Michael Ossar <MLO@KSUVM>
Subject: hypertext for DOS

(2) Date: 06 Aug 89 05:36 -0330 (11 lines)
From: hans@leif.mun.ca
Subject: RE: 3.328 displaced heart? (43)

(3) Date: Sun, 06 Aug 89 18:41:20 EDT (48 lines)
From: LNGDANAP@UOGUELPH
Subject: Misandry: A P.S. and an aside

Date: Sat, 5 Aug 89 22:10 CDT
From: Michael Ossar <MLO@KSUVM>

Regarding Leslie Morgan's inquiry on hypertext programs for DOS, I know of
two programs that can be obtained from Public Domain Software, P.O. Box
51315, Indianapolis, IN 46251. Hypertext gets two stars (out of four) on
PDS's rating system. It is described as "a cross between an expert system, an
outliner, and a database management system that handles text. . . . Presents
windowed dialog and allows the reader to select where the discussion is going
by transversing 'threads' of thought built into the text. This stuff has real
potential." The other is called Black Magic, and gets four stars. It comes on
three disks and requires *lots* of memory. PBS comments: "Black Magic smoothly
handles chains of items, whether text or graphics. Link types include: note,
replace, reference (traverse), and special graphics links with full pointing
capabilities with either a mouse or the keyboard. . . . Added to the standard
hypertext display capabilities are: limited text find, document print, use of
EMS if available, saving bookmarks, and a TSR interface. . . . A major work."