3.339 UUENCODEd files? Swanton-Belloc et al.? (83)

Tue, 8 Aug 89 20:01:56 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 339. Tuesday, 8 Aug 1989.

(1) Date: 3 August 1989 (18 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: a dare

(2) Date: Mon, 7 Aug 89 13:41:00 EDT (21 lines)
From: "James Woolley, Lafayette College" <WOOLLEYJ@lafayett.BITNET>
Subject: UUENCODed files

(3) Date: Tue, 8 Aug 89 16:31:00 EDT (18 lines)
From: "TRACY LOGAN, LAFAYETTE COLLEGE" <LOGANT@lafayett.BITNET>
Subject: something for humanist if it seems approp.

Date: 3 August 1989
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

Below, in the second query, you will find evidence of a growing
phenomenon. There a non-networked colleague challenges us to prove our
mettle by providing information about three people. Of course
this sort of thing, however helpful good answers may be, is in itself
not a particularly interesting use of the technology, but it is
interesting that we are now at that stage of things. "I have heard about
these newfangled gadgets, now let's see what they can do!" It certainly
is hard to resist such a challenge. Perhaps if we can meet it at least
one more person will become receptive to suggestions about the really
important things that an electronic seminar such as Humanist can do.

Willard McCarty