3.340 biographia; programs; library access (64)

Tue, 8 Aug 89 20:07:47 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 340. Tuesday, 8 Aug 1989.

(1) Date: Tuesday, 8 August 1989 0933-EST (18 lines)
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS
Subject: Biographical and Genealogical Information

(2) Date: Tue, 8 Aug 89 03:37:57 EDT (8 lines)
From: Leslie Burkholder <lb0q+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: 3.334 query

(3) Date: Tue, 08 Aug 89 11:14:32 PLT (12 lines)
From: "Guy L. Pace" <PACE@WSUVM1>
Subject: Library access

Date: Tuesday, 8 August 1989 0933-EST
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS

Jim McSwain asked about information on Ralph Beaufort and the
"prominent Beaufort family." Unfortunately, I have not come up
with the desired information, but it may be useful for HUMANISTs
with similar interests to know that the New England Historical
Genealogical Society in Boston has an extensive library from which
members may borrow books (two weeks limit), and that NEHGS publishes
a catalogue of its holdings organized by family name. Thus I checked
my catalogue under Beaufort to see if NEHGS had any pertinent
information listed. It did not. But the catalogue is extensive,
and the chances were good that something might appear there.
I am willing to check any similar requests from HUMANISTS.
Sometimes NEHGS has rare, even unpublished information on file.

Bob Kraft