3.360 queries (101)

Wed, 16 Aug 89 19:30:18 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 360. Wednesday, 16 Aug 1989.

(1) Date: Wed, 16 Aug 89 00:10:38 EDT (26 lines)
From: Geoff Rockwell <rockwell@utorgpu>
Subject: computers in undergraduate education?

(2) Date: 16 August 1989 (11 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Hypermedia 1.1?

(3) Date: Wed, 16 Aug 89 13:12:52 EDT (38 lines)
From: psc90!jdg@dartvax.dartmouth.edu (Dr. Joel Goldfield)
Subject: "Opinions on 'The Universal Word' Multilingual Wordprocessor"

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 89 00:10:38 EDT
From: Geoff Rockwell <rockwell@utorgpu>

I have been asked to get a sense of how large, publicly funded
Universities, like the University of Toronto, are using computers in
undergraduate education. What I need is a bird's-eye view of different
Universities' facilities and programs, so that I can say "we should be
doing this too". I have been asked to informally report, not on what
should be done, but what is being done in similar institutions.

I realize this is an enormous topic that few wish to do justice to in an
e-mail note. I have been told I can call long distance and interview
anyone who is interested in participating but doesn't have the time to
write. If you can spare a moment please send your phone number
directly to me and I will call you at your convenience. That way you
need not write anything and I can take up as little of your time as
possible. If you know of others who are better suited to answer such
questions I would appreciate their e-mail address or telephone number.

Thanks in advance

Geoffrey Rockwell University of Toronto Computing Services
rockwell@gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca (416) 978 4548