3.369 computing for undergrads in N.America (40)

Thu, 17 Aug 89 21:22:15 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 369. Thursday, 17 Aug 1989.

(1) Date: Wed, 16 Aug 89 20:36:00 EDT (10 lines)
From: "J. Harwood, 5-4764/3-3605" <JTH@PSUVM.bitnet>
Subject: Computers & Students at N. American Colleges & Universities

(2) Date: Wed, 16 Aug 89 20:58:00 EDT (10 lines)
From: MORGAN@LOYVAX.BITNET
Subject: RE: 3.360 queries (101)

Date: Wed, 16 Aug 89 20:36:00 EDT
From: "J. Harwood, 5-4764/3-3605" <JTH@PSUVM.bitnet>
Subject: Computers and Students at North American Colleges and Universities

As colleges and universities become increasingly high-tech, some people are
justifiably curious about how much technology (how many workstations,
what kinds, how configued) a campus needs. I'd like to know what
sort of ratio my colleagues find at their sites -- 100 students per
PC, Mac, or PS/2? 50 per device? What's a satisfactory ratio now? And
would anyone care to make a projection for the mid 1990s?