3.389 silence broken; Hypermedia (63)

Thu, 24 Aug 89 18:32:16 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 389. Thursday, 24 Aug 1989.

(1) Date: 24 August 1989 (24 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: Humanist speaks again to the four corners

(2) Date: Thu, 24 Aug 89 10:28:40 CDT (21 lines)
From: LIBSSD@EMUVM1
Subject: Hypermedia publishing info.

Date: 24 August 1989
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>

Reports from our colleagues in Norway, England, Germany, and Austria
indicate that Humanist is again being received in Europe. Whether the
missing issues will ever turn up I do not know and have no way of
telling. Those who want to read what they missed should request the
appropriate logbook(s) from the file-server according to the procedure
outlined in the Guide to Humanist. Fortunately, these logbooks are now
kept on a weekly basis, so it will not be necessary to fetch much more
than is required. The first step should be to ask for the HUMANIST
FILELIST, then to locate the logbook section and note the names of the
files.

I deeply enjoy the silence in my house before my children have arisen
and after they go to bed (not often before I do anymore), but the
silence enforced on our European colleagues is not to be wished for.

Willard McCarty