3.410 displaced hearts, cont. (22)

Tue, 29 Aug 89 20:08:54 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 410. Tuesday, 29 Aug 1989.

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 89 05:34:00 EDT
From: Tom Thomson <tom@prg.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject: heartless monarchs

I seem to recall Robert 1 (of Scotland) was buried without his; Douglas carted
it off intending to take it to Jerusalem, but got no further than Spain? The
Lothian branch of the Douglas family (the Red Douglas) commemorated this by
having a heart as arms. However I may have all this wrong, it's a very long
time since I learnt history in a Scots infant school ( = 1st to 3rd grades of
grade school ? ) and the history taught to kids of that age is likely to be a
bit adrift anyway.