3.417 forums for librarians (95)

Thu, 31 Aug 89 00:08:43 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 417. Thursday, 31 Aug 1989.

(1) Date: Wed, 30 Aug 89 01:05:30 EDT (37 lines)
From: "A. Ralph Papakhian" <PAPAKHI@IUBVM.bitnet>
Subject: Re: 3.411 forums for librarians? (17)

(2) Date: Wed, 30 Aug 89 03:49:00 gmt (38 lines)
From: elliot%library@ucsd.edu (Elliot Kanter)
Subject: Library Forums; Library catalogs on Internet

Date: Wed, 30 Aug 89 01:05:30 EDT
From: "A. Ralph Papakhian" <PAPAKHI@IUBVM.bitnet>

On Tue, 29 Aug 89 20:09:58 EDT you said:

>Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 411. Tuesday, 29 Aug 1989.
>
>Date: Mon, 28 Aug 89 09:48:31 PLT
>From: Paul Brians <HRC$04@WSUVM1>
>Subject: Library Forums
>
>Does anyone know of forums for university librarians available through
>BitNet? Particularly one in which information about cataloguing is
>available?
>:: 3.411 forums for librarians? (17)

MLA-L at IUBVM is a forum which includes discussions/information about
music cataloging in particular (among other music library related topics).
The editor of the Music Cataloging Bulletin has seen to posting new
Music Cataloging Decisions from the Library of Congress Music Section in
a timely fashion in MLA-L. Much anguish about these decisions has also
been expressed in the forum. In order to subscribe, send a mail message
to LISTSERV at IUBVM consisting of one line: SUBscribe MLA-L <forename surname>
Please do not send the subscrition request to MLA-L at IUBVM. Anyone
interested in additional information about MLA-L can contact me at
PAPAKHI at IUBVM.
By the way, this MLA = Music Library Association (not the other ones--there
are three MLA's I know about: Madras Library Association, Michigan Library
Association, and Manitoba Library Association)

Cordially, *****
** *** **
A. Ralph Papakhian, Music Library ** ******* ** LIBRARY
Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405 ***
(812) 855-2970 *****