3.515 Humanist and e-mail, with an announcement (87)

Fri, 29 Sep 89 20:04:30 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 515. Friday, 29 Sep 1989.

(1) Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 20:58:39 EDT (10 lines)
From: bobh@phoenix.uucp (Robert Hollander)
Subject: Re: 3.511 Humanist and e-mail (206)

(2) Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 21:46 EDT (28 lines)
From: John McDaid <MCDAID@NYUACF>
Subject: O'Donnell

(3) Date: Fri, 29 Sep 89 15:57:02 CDT (24 lines)
From: Steven J. DeRose <D106GFS@UTARLVM1>
Subject: Announcement

Date: Thu, 28 Sep 89 20:58:39 EDT
From: bobh@phoenix.uucp (Robert Hollander)

Even more middle-aged than O'Donnell, and once something like his teacher
when he was a youth, I'd like to assure everyone and the offending (to
some) Prof. O'D that (1) he is an exceptionally intelligent person, (2)
he wouldn't offend ANYone without urgent cause, (3) I did take him to be
speaking in wise that Isidore of Seville would characterize as "allegorical"
(ETYM. I, xxxvii, 22) and the rest of us as "ironic." Peace.