3.545 speech-analysis? (31)

Thu, 5 Oct 89 18:47:47 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 545. Thursday, 5 Oct 1989.

Date: 04 Oct 89 20:40 -0330
From: dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca
Subject: Computer-assisted speech analysis

I'm posting this for a friend, and hope to demonstrate how useful
Humanist is in this regard. He would like to perform some
computer-assisted spectrographic real-time speech analysis (at least
I *think* that's what he wants). Apparently there is a DOS package
that will do this, but he would prefer Mac software if at all
possible. What's required, as I understand it, is a hardware/software
combination which will allow voice sampling and will display a
spectrogram of the sample on the computer screen. I seem to recall
having seen something somewhere about a MacRecorder being used for
this purpose, but can't recall where.

Can anybody help?

David Graham dgraham@kean.ucs.mun.ca
Memorial University of Newfoundland (...)munucs!dgraham