3.552 Noteniks and Queryoids? (121)

Fri, 6 Oct 89 20:19:42 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 552. Friday, 6 Oct 1989.

(1) Date: Thu, 05 Oct 89 21:04:29 EDT (7 lines)
From: LNGDANAP@UOGUELPH
Subject: Notes and queries, bis

(2) Date: Fri, 6 Oct 89 11:26:00 EDT (31 lines)
From: Robert Kirsner (213) 825-3955 <IDT1RSK@OAC.UCLA.EDU> (Department o
Subject: (COPY) 3.546 Notes and Queries (96)

(3) Date: Fri, 6 Oct 89 18:09 BST (26 lines)
From: Oxford Text Archive <ARCHIVE@VAX.OXFORD.AC.UK>
Subject: teckease

(4) Date: 6 October 1989 (27 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: The Art of Being Ruled

Date: Thu, 05 Oct 89 21:04:29 EDT
From: LNGDANAP@UOGUELPH

Te(ch)(kk)....s (insert variables at will). Yes, but *why* 1) the diminutive;
2) why does *this* particular word attract so many variations? Maybe
I'm looking for a sociolinguist or a psycholinguist?