3.586 new Red Ryder (52)

Sun, 15 Oct 89 18:16:20 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 586. Sunday, 15 Oct 1989.

Date: Sun, 15 Oct 89 13:00:39 EDT
From: gall@Nexus.YorkU.CA
Subject: Red Ryder Version 11.0 Announcement

[The following has been abstracted from a much longer message. --W.M.]

* O F F I C I A L A N N O U N C E M E N T *
* *
* V E R S I O N 1 1 U P G R A D E *

On October 15, 1989, The FreeSoft Company announced the impending release of a
new product, the successor to Red Ryder version 10.3. The new product,
interestingly enough, is called White Knight version 11.

White Knight takes strong advantage of the capabilities of the 128K ROM's,
which means that it will run on a Mac Plus, SE, II, or later machine. It will
not run on a 128K or 512K Macintosh. I doubt strongly that it will run on a
512KE (but should run fine if you upgrade that machine to one megabyte or more
of memory and use System software version 6.0.2 or later).

As always, we will support our existing customers with a moderately priced
upgrade path based upon 25% of the suggested retail price. The cost of the
upgrade from version 10 is $35.00. The cost of the upgrade for versions prior
to version 10 is $50.00. If you purchased version 10 on or after October 1,
1989, please send in a copy of your receipt (or other dated proof of purchase)
and we will give you the upgrade for just a $5.00 shipping charge ($10.00
outside of the United States).

For more information, contact the sender of this message or write to:

The FreeSoft Company
White Knight Update Dept.
150 Hickory Drive
Beaver Falls, PA 15010
United States of America

If you have questions, our phone number is (412)846-2700. Our FAX number is
(412)847-4436 (for ordering questions only - not tech. support or product
information).