3.609 indexing, cont. (27)

Thu, 19 Oct 89 20:37:46 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 609. Thursday, 19 Oct 1989.

Date: Tue, 17 Oct 89 20:39:00 EDT
From: DONALDSON@LOYVAX
Subject: RE: 3.595 indexing (25)

Thanks for your response to my inquiry. Certainly a passable solution ought
to be made possible by the inserting of a page break. That may well be
the path I will take. I had hope initially for a solution which would
provide item numbers in all reference rather than the page numbers which
one now gets. I suspect that hope will not be fulfilled. The only diffi-
culty I see with the page break approach is that one would have to strip
away all extraneous material (chapter headings, etc.) in order to index
accurately. Thus the index must be based on a "extra" copy of the manu-
script and would have to be redone if changes took place.

I will be working on the problem and will certainly make known any solution
I work out.

Thanks again, Randy Donaldson (Donaldson@LOYVAX)