3.630 hidden files; plagarism, etc. (88)

Tue, 24 Oct 89 17:54:06 EDT

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 630. Tuesday, 24 Oct 1989.

(1) Date: Tue, 24 Oct 89 12:00:00 EDT (15 lines)
From: Antonio-Paulo Ubieto Artur <hiscont@cc.unizar.es>
Subject: The hidden file that isn't a virus (MS-DOS)

(2) Date: Tue, 24 Oct 89 13:52:59 EDT (11 lines)
From: db <BOYARIN@TAUNIVM>
Subject: Re: 3.625 LANs? plagarism? e-Scots? (105)

(3) Date: Mon, 23 Oct 89 21:41:00 EDT (12 lines)
From: Brian Whittaker <BRIANW@YORKVM2>

(4) Date: 24 October 1989 (21 lines)
From: Willard McCarty <MCCARTY@vm.epas.utoronto.ca>
Subject: plagarism checkers

Date: Tue, 24 Oct 89 12:00:00 EDT
From: Antonio-Paulo Ubieto Artur <hiscont@cc.unizar.es>

The "hidden file" that chkdsk reports can be the disk's volume name. For your
peace of mind, try erasing the volume name with "LABEL.COM", if your
"hidden file" disappears, that's all.

Let me send to all HUMANISTs in this my first and modest contribution
my best regards.

Antonio-Paulo Ubieto Artur
Department of Modern and Contemporary History
Zaragoza University (Spain-Europe)
hiscont@cc.unizar.es