3.662 Notes and Queries: love; of grammatology (42)

Sun, 29 Oct 89 20:17:01 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 662. Sunday, 29 Oct 1989.

(1) Date: Fri, 27 Oct 89 21:34:54 CDT (12 lines)
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>
Subject: A New Topic Erupts on HUMANIST

(2) Date: 27 Oct 89 21:59:02 EST (10 lines)
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS>
Subject: Pedantry-gram

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 89 21:34:54 CDT
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>

A grammoteer recently raised the topic of love and BITNET (although,
one might assume, this epistolectron would extend his amity toward other
networks). Is not the cementing of romantic relationships the ultimate
Humanistization of computation? My wife and I often use BITNET for
communication, often from adjacent terminals. Is this a common
phenomenon in the HUMANIST community? We shall be able to bypass all
bawdy (and spare Willard wear on his censor's finger)--as
the laptop gradually gives way to the palmtop.