3.663 "grammo"; provenance; w-p (66)

Mon, 30 Oct 89 20:00:42 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 663. Monday, 30 Oct 1989.

(1) Date: Mon, 30 Oct 89 08:40:09 CST (12 lines)
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>
Subject: "grammo"

(2) Date: Mon, 30 Oct 89 19:43:20 EST (21 lines)
From: John_Price-Wilkin@ub.cc.umich.edu
Subject: 3.661 provenance catalogues? (19)

(3) Date: Mon, 30 Oct 89 11:04:22 EST (9 lines)
From: H J Blumenthal <AR01@LIVERPOOL.AC.UK>
Subject: Re: 3.653 wordprocessors and criteria (157)

Date: Mon, 30 Oct 89 08:40:09 CST
From: "Kevin L. Cope" <ENCOPE@LSUVM>

Mr. Jim O'Donnell does well to recommend a revision in the spelling of
words derived from "grammo." But he has made only one understandable
error: he missed my lengthy examination of the origin of this term last
year on SKEPTIC, and therefore could not have known that I derived the
word only secondarily from the Greek, and primarily from a language
secondary to Greek, Spanish. "Grammo," to be more specific, comes from
Cuba, not Athens! KLC.