3.687 HP printer and the Mac? (25)

Thu, 2 Nov 89 22:15:49 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 687. Thursday, 2 Nov 1989.

Date: Thu, 2 Nov 89 20:20:00 EST
From: <HALPORNJ@IUBACS>
Subject: HP Printer and the MAC

At a recent computer fair I picked up a brochure on the HP Deskwriter
(HP 2278A) which says it is an HP jet printer made for the Macintosh.
The printer itself was not exhibited. Has anyone used this printer with
the Mac? Any comments? I am especially interested whether it works
with non-Roman fonts (programs like SMK Greekeys). A colleague who is
involved with SMK Greekeys has serious doubts that HP can produce a
satisfactory Postscript printer. The latest report from our computing
center here at Indiana also suggests that HP has these problems.

Many thanks.

James W. Halporn (HALPORNJ@IUBACS).