3.718 markup issues (66)

Wed, 8 Nov 89 18:54:20 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 718. Wednesday, 8 Nov 1989.

(1) Date: Wed, 08 Nov 89 08:05 EST (16 lines)
From: LIBJB@CCNY
Subject: bib data, text data and standards

(2) Date: Wed, 8 Nov 89 15:31:55 PST (30 lines)
From: "[DCGQAL]A0234" <XB.DAS@STANFORD.BITNET>
Subject: [DCGQAL]A0234!Tag Attributes

Date: Wed, 08 Nov 89 08:05 EST
From: LIBJB@CCNY

As a response to Shu Yan Mok, I would like to contribute yet another
format for bibliographic citations to the list: ANSI Z39.29-1977
(this standard may have been updated recently; I'm sorry I don't
have a more up-to-date list at hand where I can immediately check).

In general, though, I would like to know if anyone is monitoring
the effect of standards on text encryption, etc. Partcicularly in
light of the attemps to bridge the IBM/MAC gap, I have a feeling
that activity is probably pretty heavy here, although it is possib--
ly all industry-based, possibly proprietary. Another question I
would like to pose is: is anybody out there working on or familiar
with the draft standard for a common command language?