3.785 copyright, cont. (22)

Sun, 26 Nov 89 17:27:51 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 785. Sunday, 26 Nov 1989.

Date: Thu, 23 Nov 89 22:50:04 EST
From: db <BOYARIN@TAUNIVM>
Subject: Re: 3.777 copyright, cont. (80)

I'm afraid that Stuehler has missed the point. The question is what
happens when one entity creates an electronic text for the purpose of
selling such text -- either to make a profit or even just to recoup
expenses and other people decide to copy it for their own use without
payment or even to copy it and sell it. That fits neither category of
the scholar who prepares such a text for his/her own use and then is
willing to share (which is what *I* do) or someone who decides an
electronic text is too expensive and creates a new version by
him/herself.