3.817 copyright, cont. (47)

Sun, 3 Dec 89 21:01:13 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 817. Sunday, 3 Dec 1989.

(1) Date: Sat, 2 Dec 89 10:00:00 EST (10 lines)
From: EIEB360@UTXVM
Subject: 3.807 copyright, cont. (51) (John Slatin)

(2) Date: Sat, 02 Dec 89 13:44:13 CST (17 lines)
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVME>
Subject: Re: 3.809 copyright, cont. (38)

Date: Sat, 2 Dec 89 10:00:00 EST
From: EIEB360@UTXVM

copyright is that people keep trying to find a way not to pay for the
information they use-- well, maybe. But scholarship depends on free
access to information; even now, publishers recognize (however
grudgingly) the notion of "fair use," and I'd hate to see tht disappear.
John Slatin