3.841 videodiscs? lists? HyperCarded philosophy? (79)

Tue, 12 Dec 89 20:18:57 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 841. Tuesday, 12 Dec 1989.

(1) Date: Tue, 12 Dec 89 10:30:15 -0800 (24 lines)
From: Malcolm Brown <mbb@jessica.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Transferring large slide collection to videodisk

(2) Date: Tue, 12 Dec 89 15:47 AST (16 lines)
From: WARMCN@AC.DAL.CA
Subject: Creating BITNET Discussion Groups

(3) Date: Tue, 12 Dec 89 11:50:50 CST (14 lines)
From: Charles Ess <DRU001D@SMSVMA>
Subject: hypercard philosophy?

Date: Tue, 12 Dec 89 10:30:15 -0800
From: Malcolm Brown <mbb@jessica.Stanford.EDU>

friends,
Here at Stanford a project is gaining momentum, within
which we will begin a large-scale transference of
our slides to videodisk. We estimate that there may
be as many as half a million images that we would
eventually like to have on videodisks. We will, of
course, also construct a database for searching
and examining these image disks.

Has anyone had experience with a project of this
type and of a large scale (50,000 or more slides)? If so,
please send me an electronic note. I'd like to hear
about what you've done and how you did it.

thanks very much
Malcolm Brown, Stanford
BITNET: GX.MBB@STANFORD.BITNET
INTERNET: MBB@JESSICA.STANFORD.EDU