3.886 Bucharest? Kingfisher? WordPerfect 5.1? Bible? (73)

Mon, 1 Jan 90 18:57:07 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 886. Monday, 1 Jan 1990.

(1) Date: 31 Dec 89 00:41:01 EST (11 lines)
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS>
Subject: Bucharest library

(2) Date: Sun, 31 Dec 89 20:06:40 CST (6 lines)
From: "Michael S. Hart" <HART@UIUCVMD>
Subject: Kingfisher e-dictionary

(3) Date: 01 Jan 90 19:18 -0330 (13 lines)
From: hans@kean.ucs.mun.ca
Subject: RE: 3.767 meeting; Greek, Hebrew in MS Word (115)

(4) Date: Thu 7 Dec 89 13:32 CST (13 lines)
Subject: Machine-readable Bible (German)

Date: 31 Dec 89 00:41:01 EST
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS>

From: Jim O'Donnell (Penn, Classics)

Others probably saw NBC footage on 30 December graphically showing
extensive destruction of what was represented as the `State Library' or
`National Library' in Bucharest. I had not seen/heard of this
otherwise, but from the video it is clear that a major disaster has
occurred: have there been any other reports?