3.937 discussion groups, cont. (26)

Mon, 15 Jan 90 22:16:55 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 937. Monday, 15 Jan 1990.

Date: Sun, 14 Jan 90 23:43:40 EST
From: Natalie Maynor <MAYNOR@MSSTATE>
Subject: Re: 3.928 discussion groups (207)

Ask your local BITNET (or its counterpart) administrators about
lists. I was quite surprised to read in the latest HUMANIST
posting that this list of lists is not common knowledge. It is
almost certainly sitting on your mainframe, easily accessible with
a local command. Since BITNET commands are system-specific, there's
no point in my telling you our local command for reading the list
of lists. And since the file is 8000+ lines long, I'm obviously
not going to post it on HUMANIST. I bet you all have it close at
hand.

Natalie Maynor
English Department
Mississippi State University