3.938 e-seminars; more on Bloom et al. (106)

Wed, 17 Jan 90 08:00:41 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 938. Wednesday, 17 Jan 1990.

(1) Date: Tue, 16 Jan 90 05:26:00 EST (19 lines)
From: N.J.Morgan@vme.glasgow.ac.uk
Subject: Re: 3.932 e-mail and more about discussion groups (102)

(2) Date: Tue, 16 Jan 90 09:10:37 EST (35 lines)
From: Jan Eveleth <EVELETH@YALEVM>
Subject: Making E-conferences Work...

(3) Date: Tue, 16 Jan 90 09:40:14 GMT (10 lines)
From: Donald Spaeth 041 339-8855 x6336 <GKHA13@CMS.GLASGOW.AC.UK>
Subject: Hirsch et al.

(4) Date: Tue, 16 Jan 90 19:20:57 EST (6 lines)
From: Morris Fried <FRIED@UCONNVM>
Subject: Re: 3.934 Bloometc (38)

Date: Tue, 16 Jan 90 05:26:00 EST
From: N.J.Morgan@vme.glasgow.ac.uk

difference between say HISTORY and HUMANIST, apart from the presence of
the latter's skilled moderator, is the fact that those who contribute
to (and I assume read) HUMANIST do share a clear community of interest,
despite the frequent and tedious soul searching that goes on by those
who seem to have nothing better to do than type out extensive self-
indulgent mailings will alarming regularity (oops !). HISTORY on
the otherhand has no view of what it exists for, and of late
has become a sort of bar-room courthouse for pseudo-historical
discussion on a range of currently topical events. It really is,
as Glasgow soccer players are often called, a waste of space.

Nicholas Morgan
Department of Scottish History
University of Glasgow