3.987 kenning in Greek (30)

Wed, 31 Jan 90 20:32:04 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 987. Wednesday, 31 Jan 1990.

Date: 30 Jan 90 22:14:44 EST
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS>
Subject: Kennings among the Greeks

From: Jim O'Donnell (Penn, Classics)

Try ILL again s.v. Ingrid Waern (not Waren). Berkeley's TELNET
accessible unified California catalogue (type TELNET 35.1.0.11, tell the
you have IBMPC and follow prompts) reports a copy at UCLA's URL (which I
take to be University Research Library), and RLIN (accessible only to
account holders, which Penn generously arranges for faculty) reports
another copy at University of Iowa. Other handiest library I have found
is Michigan (TELNET 35.1.1.6, tell them you want MIRLYN and carriage
return through a couple of screens), which has a large collection of its
older material already on line (Penn's catalogue is good, but only goes
back to 1968 on computer) and also allows access to WILSON DISC, which
is an ongoing index of scholarly journals: not perfect, not much older
than 1983 that I've noticed, but a useful way to snoop around. TELNET
accessible, but also through INTERNET I believe (don't know the
protocols). Saves lots of time.