3.989 online addresses, failures, resources (87)

Thu, 1 Feb 90 22:02:19 EST

Humanist Discussion Group, Vol. 3, No. 989. Thursday, 1 Feb 1990.

(1) Date: Wednesday, 31 January 1990 2106-EST (17 lines)
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS
Subject: Case-sensitive addresses on CMS

(2) Date: Wed, 31 Jan 90 18:11:58 CST (11 lines)
From: Amanda C. Lee <ALEE@MSSTATE>
Subject: telecommunications in Germany

(3) Date: 01 Feb 90 09:30:46 EST (11 lines)
From: James O'Donnell <JODONNEL@PENNSAS>
Subject: Liveware failure

(4) Date: Wed, 31 Jan 90 20:30:45 CST (18 lines)
From: "Bill Ball" <C476721@UMCVMB>
Subject: online catalogues

Date: Wednesday, 31 January 1990 2106-EST
From: KRAFT@PENNDRLS

I have now learned that on this CMS type system, if I
type the prompt "(case m" after the bitmail address to
which I am sending, the software will not change everything
to uppercase. On other similar systems, the procedures may
be slightly different (e.g. "mixed" -- all representing
"case mixed" as on IBM's "xedit" system). In any event,
similar procedures probably exist for other similar systems.
Thus the command line
bitmail mccarty at UTOREPAS (case m
will produce exactly that address (except @ replaces "at").
Yes, our software requires us to type " at " not "@".